Sunday, October 26, 2008

Peachy Cream Cheese Mousse

I've been craving for something rich and sweet again recently. The simplest way to satisfy it is to make something so quick that I won't even remember having made it. ^o^

{ Choo~ }

Well-creamed 250g softened cream cheese + 480g drained and pulped canned peaches in syrup + half cup of sugar + 2 tablespoons gelatin powder soaked in half cup water + about half cup of syrup from the peaches.

Cream the cheese well together with sugar, add the peaches, and the syrup bit by bit, making sure the mixture turns out smooth. Add the gelatin last. Pour everything into a large container, or into individual cups if you prefer. Set the mousse in the fridge for at least an hour.

I made a mistake *when have I not?* again with this self-created recipe. I dumped the cheese without creaming it into the peaches, syrup and sugar, and stirred, hoping the cheese will dissolve. It did, but because of water-fat incompatibility, the cheese remained as small lumps even after my manual hand-mixing that could have matched that of a high power electric cake mixer. -_-" Impatience does not reward.

Well, the mousse tasted good at least. ^-^"

No comments: