Friday, March 27, 2009

Mentally Burned Out

I'd just finished the first week of hospital attachment. It was really draggy but from the quality time that we got to spend with the pharmacists, we learnt quite a lot of things. I said draggy as in the waiting time that we had to endure was sometimes quite ridiculous. I know I should have just spent it on compiling my case studies properly, carefully go through it and come up with relevant questions that would help me come up with pharmaceutical care plans. Somehow, my brain just won't work in the hospital environment. I ouldn't link one information to the other. I didn't know what was missing from the case. I was not sure at all what are the proper management steps for the patient. I'm always clueless as to how I should go about the case.

It doesn't help that I'm constantly pressurized by a source of kiasu-ness. Persistently pestered to choose my long case. Being hinted every day not to do the same case for my written pharmaceutical care plan. I mean, if we're doing the same long case, you think I'm stupid enough to copy from you word by word ah? What, you think you're the only one capable of coming up with care plans? This one kind of attitude is just going to rub people the wrong way.

I'm really tired of the attachment. I can't imagine another week of torture with this kiasu-ness. Please. Just spare me.

No comments: