Friday, November 2, 2007

Can I just lie down and die?

This is what I feel now. The baru pass mia 5 days have been a nightmare. Non-stop squeezing of vast amounts of information into my brain, saturating it to more than 100%. I've never studied nor read nor tried to remember so much in such a short time.

I would very much like to say this to those people who had programmed BPharm :

YOU SAIU EH MEH?????

You bukannya tak tau, STPM took one and half years to complete. STPM got only 4 subjects :

Biology

Chemistry (Physical, Organic, Inorganic)

Mathematics

General Paper (Pengajian Am)

IMU Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) degree programme, Semester 3, got 7 subjects to be completed in 3 months :

Natural Products (Alkaloids, Fatty Acids, Steroids, Terpenes, Biosynthesis Pathways, Drugs of Abuse etc etc etc)

Drug Metabolism (Phase I : oxidation, reduction, hydrolysis, Phase II : glucuronidation, sulphoconjugation, methylation, acetylation, amino acid and glutathione conjugation, factors affecting drug metab, carcinogenesis, induction/inhibition etc etc etc including all enzymes for each, formation of cofactors, formulas, most likely substituents undergoing each)

Pharmaceutics II (I can mati if describe this subject - aerosols/functions/working principles/contents/components, suppositories, homogenisers, particle size analysis/reduction, powder flow properties/angle of repose, radiopharmaceutics, compression/consolidation)

Renal System (anatomy - everything in the Marieb HAP book, diuretics - everything in the Pharmacology book, acute renal failure, chronic renal failure, all the signs and symptoms, diagnosis, clinical manifestation, pathophysiology, treatment, management)

Respiratory System (same as Renal System, including all the drugs and management steps for asthma, COPD, tuberculosis, pneumonia, bronchitis bla bla bla)

Microbiology (all bacteria, antibacterials, viruses, antiviruses, fungi, antifungi, parasites and antiprotozoals, sterillization, disinfectants, antiseptics, presevatives)

Pharmaceutical Analysis (all forms of chromatography, UV what-what, electrophoresis - I don't even know what this is, etc etc etc)

Can you just see how they are trying to make us into the world's greatest pharmacists, yet they don't realise their BIG mistake? Trying to cram everything into only 3 months and having us suck everything up in just 3 months, whence we also had to do practicals and portfolios and PBLS? Oh, you think your students will be very good mia pharmacists is it? Good in memorising things for exams only. You ask me to tell you what I understand from any of the subjects, I pernah memorise this this this for my exam, but now I forgot already....

You ask me what I've learnt from sem 1 and sem 2, I will not be able to tell you anything at all. Nothing.

Biasanya, people take Microbiology as a course on its own. You now asking me to take it for one sem, with 3 months only to cover everything. You have a problem is it?

And now you want me to sit for your Pharmaceutical Analysis mia paper. I tak pernah have the time to even read the lectures finish through once. Not once.

I vow never to have anything to do with Pharmaceutical Analysis after I graduate. Ever.

I don't understand why I pay the amount I pay to have myself tortured this way.

2 comments:

lynn-w said...

hehe...well, it's the joy that u feel after the exam!!

i believe when u choose this path, u're ready to take everything that comes! so, dont give up half way!

★kawaii-inochi★ said...

oh..woah ^^" good luck ^^
oh and i also loove japan ^^