Friday, November 30, 2007

Cookies + Re-made Rainbow Funk Necklace/Pins Set

Sho.... Today I baked some more.... :P Tried a cookie recipe from a cookie-book my mum bought. Here's the recipe :

150g butter
80g icing sugar
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla essence
180g plain flour
60g almond powder
40g Hoen Kwe flour
½ tsp baking powder

  1. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla essence and continue beating.

  2. Fold in the rest of the ingredients. Mix well to form a dough.

  3. Roll out the dough and cut with cookie cutters.

  4. Bake cookies in a preheated oven (160ÂșC) for about 20 minutes, or until the cookies are nicely browned and crisp.

Cookies fresh out of the oven will have a soft center. So, they should be left to cool a little before testing their crisp-ness. If the center is still soft, bake for another 5-10 minutes. Don't bake too long, because you wouldn't want a liquorice cookie. :P

Updates on my crafty world. Well, I made a rainbow zipper necklace again yesterday. :P It's just so fun to make. :)

{Rainbow Funk Necklace/Pins Set - 12 squares}

Well, I made the necklace a little shorter than the first one, so it can be worn like a choker. Here's my lil sis modelling it :

{Caught her off-guard in this pic. I like it - she looks more like herself. :P}

{Demure! I like this pic too. But my case of shaking-hands is getting worse I see.}

The necklace is quite an attention-getter. :P Fun and funky, bright and rainbowy - I just L-O-V-E it! Pity I can't wear it - I'm just not suited for that style.

1 comment:

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

This is just AMAZING! I love your work, Im a felt junkie myself!