Sunday, March 25, 2007

Can you feel the LOVE?

Woke up this morning to a fine warm sunny day. Lazed around for bit. Then decided to do something crafty.

Lovely Wall Hanging

Yes, it is lovely - it is made of pink origami hearts. The card stock (brown and red) is actually a card box for cakes, from Secret Recipe. I cut off the top lid for use in this piece. The striped paper is one of the Pocky wrappers I've stashed just a few days ago. And the metallic pink hearts are folded origami-style using the Strawberry Chocs (Meiji) wrappers. :) For hanging and extra touches, I cut strips from a red plastic bag and tied them at the respective places. And the two white strips hanging from the end (attached two hearts) are actually wires that mostly come with new electrical items - used to bind the cables.

Yup. This whole thing is made from junk. :D

4 comments:

Feltland said...

Thank you for your comment, it's really nice... I loved these hearts, it's the first time I see an origami heart and they're really great and you've got fantastic pics posted ... I must come back soon and check your new works ... See you

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LX said...

That's very lovely. Speaking of which, it reminds me of something my friend did for me for my 17th birthday. It was something like that... but then she used chocolate wrappers and put a photo.. sort of like a photo frame.

p/s The previous deleted comment was from me, but logged in wrong account! Sorry!

Sing Yee said...

It's actually very pretty ya, gifts made from junk. :D